1. Can people with pre-existing medical conditions use Callus Off™?
If a pre-existing skin condition exists please contact a physician before use. If at any time there is irritation wash off immediately.
2. What area of the skin should Callus Off™ be applied?
Calluses Off™ should only be applied to callused areas; areas that are not callused are ultra sensitive and could cause irritation.
3. Can I use Cuticle Off™ on artificial nails, nail extensions and gel?
Yes, Cuticle Off™is safe to use on acrylics, gels and gel polish should not exceed 45 seconds. If nails are damaged or weak Cuticle Off™ should not be used as it could cause irritation. If at any time there is irritation wash off immediately.
4. How long should I slough off Callus Off™?
The formula helps soften calluses in order to facilitate the removal process to do so utilize a file or buffer to slough off dead skin. The grit used can vary depending on the severity of the callused area.
5. How often should I use Callus Off™?
Callus Off™ should be used at most every 14 days for a maximum of 5 minutes. If the callused area has substantially diminished then the application time can be decreased along with the frequency of use. Callus Off™ should only be applied to callus areas. If at any time itching, burning or sensitivity is experienced wash off immediately and discontinue use.
6. What happens if I accidentally get Callus Off™ on an area of the skin that was not intended to be treated?
Callus Off has a high pH if it comes in contact with an area of the skin that is not calloused it could be highly irritable and cause itching and or burning, if this occurs wash off immediately.
7. What will happen if I leave Cuticle Off or Callus Off for longer than the allotted time?
Cuticle Off and Callus Off have a high pH. Therefore, instructions should be followed carefully, if irritation occurs, wash off immediately. If nails are weak or damaged we do not recommend use.
8. Can I re-use pedicure files?
Gena files are intended for multiple uses. If the files are being used on multiple individuals the files should be washed and sanitized. Be sure to follow the sanitization laws for your state.
9. How much polish thinner should I apply to thick or drying polish?
Apply a few drops, if more is needed then add in moderation till desired viscosity is reached.
10. When using Nail Brite should I be extra careful in the application?
Yes, the formula contains nail brighteners and whiteners. Therefore, it can bleach clothing or other textile items.
11. How long after use will my nails stay Brite?
Nail brightness varies from person to person. Nail Brite should not be used everyday, at maximum twice a week.
12. How often can I use Nail Brite?
Nail Brite is a whitening agent therefore it should not be used more than twice a week as extensive use could weaken nails.
13. Where can I purchase Gena Products?
Please refer to the "where to buy" section of this website.
14. Can I re-use ultra manicure cups?
Ultra Manicure Cups are intended for one time use only, it is not recommended to re-use the cups.
15. How often should I change the paraffin wax?
You should change the wax once it gets too low or whenever it accumulates sediment on the bottom of the unit or the paraffin becomes cloudy.
16. At what point during the pedicure should I use Pedi Septic?
Pedi Septic is recommended for use before a pedicure in order to prep feet. However, it can be used regularly to help prevent odor causing bacteria.
17. What are the benefits of paraffin treatments?
Paraffin creates a beneficial heat barrier for the skin, relaxes, and allows maximum moisture penetration during the final massage